You will receive a warm welcome from the friendly congregation of this rural church, which is part of the Thirsk and Northallerton Methodist Circuit of churches. The church is 1km from Thirsk town centre and was built in 1865. The building has been extended and altered over the years to provide a more modern flexible worship space, enabling different forms of worship including regular Taizé, and occasional Café services. Audio Visual has been used to enhance our worship since 2009. Regular weekly Sunday worship is held at 10.30am and we are fortunate to have a small choir to encourage our singing, accompanied by talented organists and pianists.
We have strong ecumenical links with St Oswald’s Church, just a short walk away, especially in our work with Children and Young People. Bake Away, Godly Play, Holiday Club, Messy Church, and Open the Book, all make a significant children’s and young people’s Christian presence in the local schools and the village. They also enable families to be involved together.
Disabled access available by the passageway alongside the church.
WORSHIP BEGINS AGAIN FOLLOWING COVID GUIDELINES ON SUNDAY 4 APRIL 2021 AT 10.30am